I’m Donna Clark of DC Video Creations, and I work with entrepreneurs and business owners to produce videos that showcase their talents and tell their story. Using video is a great way to build your list, find more clients, and make more money.
Last week I talked about three important reasons why we all need to be using video. In today’s market, it does build the Know, Like and Trust Factor. Number two, it’s mobile, and number three, 74% of all internet traffic will include video this year.
This week I want to follow up on that and discuss 3 reasons or excuses we use to avoid using video:
- Bad hair day or you want to lose weight
- You don’t have the equipment
- You’re not sure what to say
And the list goes on.
Do you find yourself shaking your head in agreement with what I’m saying? I can totally relate to all of these excuses because I’ve used them all myself. I volunteered at Rogers Television for over 11 years. I loved working on stories in the community, going out and interviewing people, hearing their stories, but not once in those 11 years did I get on camera myself. I just didn’t want to get in front of the camera.
So I wanted to get in front of the camera today and tell you it does get easier. Practice, practice, practice, and more practice. I’d love to help you get started.
You don’t need a lot of equipment. In fact, you probably have everything you need right now:
- Your phone
- Your earphones that have a mic on them, which will improve the audio
- A tripod to hold the phone or camera steady
- If you have a laptop with a camera, you’re all set. Just remember to up-level the laptop so your eyes are a third of the way down the frame. It will give you a better, pleasing picture.
Contact me today and let’s discuss your video needs. This is your time to stand out.
Don’t forget to download my free Sizzling Tips that will get you ready for your video. Let’s get started today.